stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

I have a Jensen JHD3620 Radio that has quit working. I use

Customer Question

I have a Jensen JHD3620 Radio that has quit working. I use it in a jumpseat box with a CB radio which I take out of my tractor each day after work. It starting giving off a beeping sound about a year ago stating that the battery was low and it got worse until it finally quit coming on when I plug it to 12 volt power source. What do I need to do to get it back working?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi Clyde and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I have a meter and soldering iron
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Great!A little more info please:• does the CB work as expected even when transmitting;• is the chassis/body of the JHD3620 also grounded aside from the ground wire of the connector;• can you please re-check that the +12V supplied to the Jensen is consistent even with the CB turned on and during PTT/TX;• and check/clean or replace the 15A fuse at the back....all others would be on the internal circuitry.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got to get ready go to work. I will need to get back with you tomorrow, I will check those items that you listed.. By the way, do you all accept repair jobs that are shipped to you?
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Yes please; an update when able.Sorry but no; this is an independent site and is not affiliated with any manufacturer, brand or product; neither do we sell parts, components nor devices. Members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.