Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support

Mr.russell I have gm1210 2007 I want to install

Customer Question

Hi mr.russell I have gm1210 for Tahoe 2007 I want to install new igo maps can I put the sdcard for the new navigation software on the sdcard place or its have to be other way to update
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Apparently the maps and firmware on the 1210 are updated through the rear USB port. I would have thought the SD card slot was fine, but apparently not. The USB port is in the rear of the unit, inconveniently. A tip: Be sure to not unplug the 1210 from the car power... it may need a code number to reactivate it if you disconnect it from the power, so the 1210 has to be partially pulled out of the dash, to update it. Sorry the facts weren't easier to deal with. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok but how I can change the maps I'm in Middle East and the maps in the product for North America
I think you would have to acquire the Middle East region maps, then install them on the device; if it isn't as simple as that, you would need to remove the North America maps first, *if* the indication when you try to install the Middle East maps is, that there is too little space on the device.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How I can remove the North America maps I don't know how to remove it
You don't necessarily need to remove North America maps - unless you've tried putting in the Middle East maps and gotten an error indicating insufficient space.Does your GM1210 have an SD card for storage? if so it will have enough space unless it is a small card.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's have but I don't know how to instal new maps
OK. What maps do you have, from what source, what size are they on the card or USB device you will install them from?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have Middle East maps but I don't know how to instal the maps in the device
OK. First of all you will need to copy those map files onto a USB flash drive, one not too large in total capacity for your 1210 device to read it. (I.e., the smallest flash drive you have that will hold the file(s), rather than the largest capacity one.) Dismount and pull the 1210 out of the dashboard just enough to access the USB port on the rear of the device, but not enough to unplug the device from the power. Insert the USB device there. Turn the device On.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already do thes but there is nothing what buton I hold or press
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)A utility from the website is needed, as well as a USB thumb drive, it seems.At least that's one rumor.A video says that a special dongle is required. Altogether the accounts of how to update seem confused; maybe there are several ways to perform the update.I looked at the Carshow website, and found no update utility.I looked at Rosen Electronics' website also and found no update utility there.I have failed to find what you need. I will cite this video as one indication mentioned above, and have Opted Out of this case, with apologies:
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Is this the model you have?