Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My kenwood car radio model#dmx 8180 suddenly stopped working

Customer Question

My kenwood car radio model#dmx 8180 suddenly stopped working no navigation,no radio,no CD player only sign of life on the radio face is the red light blinking in the upper left corner (the screen went blank)I checked the fuse box and the fuse was good
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That red light blinking might be a cursor... have you tried moving it with the right-arrow or other appropriate control? Was the battery unhooked recently? if so, then that could have thrown the Kenwood device into anti-theft mode and caused it to shut down except for a prompt for a code number to re-activate it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi,actually that blinking red light always blinked every 4seconds and the light is not a cursor (it's just a blinking light and doesn't move) and none of the push in controls respond to touch and the touch screen is blank and further the battery wasn't disconected
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
And there were no prompts or visual codes to read,so I'm wondering where to go from here
If it is possible to turn the device Off, do so, and leave it Off for about 20 minutes or longer, before trying it again.