Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I disconnected my battery in my car, now my pioneer touchscreen

Customer Question

Hi, I disconnected my battery in my car, now my pioneer touchscreen want s a password. I dont know the password, any ideas to reset it? not sure the model number, was in the car when i bought it
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. An activation code for a car radio or car stereo etc., is an anti-theft feature. When the device is removed from the car, the battery power is interrupted to it, and this activates the anti-theft feature. The entering of an obscure code is required before one may use the radio or stereo etc. again. Sometimes this anti-theft feature is activated when no theft is involved, for instance:- when a car stereo is sold, after being taken out of a car, by its legitimate owner.- when a car's battery has been disconnected for servicing of various sorts or in the event of car battery failure. The code is very hard to 'generate' or hard to find. It would not be an effective anti-theft deterrent otherwise. I have not the means to generate the code for you (though I believe it is generated from the serial # ***** the device and according to the maker and model.) I advise that you take the car to a dealership for that brand, and have them generate and enter the code for your stereo.