Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

We have a dnx890hd that the navigation will not display maps

Customer Question

We have a dnx890hd that the navigation will not display maps or give driving instructions or play a cd anymore. I updated firmware to 1.10.0
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
The first thing I would suggest doing is a reset of the head unit. To do the reset, you will find a reset button in the corner of the unit. Use a pen or something similar to press and hold that button for 10 seconds to do the reset. If that doesn't work, please let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have reset the Head Unit multiple times with no change. The Navigation screen comes up white with some faint lettering in the background but will not display a map
Was the problem there before the firmware update, or only after?