Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation

I have a DEH-P7800MP in my 2002 Chevy S-10. This past week

Customer Question

I have a DEH-P7800MP in my 2002 Chevy S-10. This past week it started turning off and on intermittently. Two days ago I took the faceplate inside my home. When I re-installed it, the power came on for a few seconds then went off and has remained off. I cannot open the faceplate. I have checked both fuses going to the receiver - good/good. Is there a "back door" to get the faceplate to open? Is there anything I can do to get it operational again?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
Have you tried:Unplug the Unit for 5 minutesReconnect & using a pen or pointed tool, press the "RESET" Button on the Right lower Corner of the FaceThen press & hold in Eject Button.Please let me know what you find
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pulled both fuses. Waited ten minutes (just in case). Pressed the reset button with a pen. Held in the Eject button for several minutes. Nothing happened.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did put the fuses back in before continuing with the other steps.
removing fuses is not what I posted.removing fuses does NOT drain the unit of any "static" voltage or memorythe unit has to be disconnected "completely"I am NOT posting that this will work, it is a 50 / 50 tryThe issue is likely the Front Face, but this RESET is to prove out the Unit.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That will have to wait until Tuesday (my next day off) I have to tear much of the dash covers, below the dash to gain access to the power connection on the back of the receiver. Thanks,
2002 S-10 dash is not that hard to get out.....1 screw above guages2 screws behind lower dash4 screws of lower dash to pull down lower dash & access the 2 behind lower dashYou should not have to go thru that, as Your Pioneer should slide out of the slide bracket with the Removal Tools that came with the PioneerRemove the Face trim & insert the tools on each side to slide unit outUnless the Unit was installed "ISO"if you need further let me know
did you need more helpplease respond or rate my answerthank you
are you going to rate my answer?please respond