Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  over 30 years, ARA, Sony, Alpine, Audiovox, Kenwood, Muntz. Sales, Repair & Installation
1609972

I have a Pioneer Premier AVEC- F90BT touch screen deck in a

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Premier AVEC- F90BT touch screen deck in a truck I recently purchased. I couldn't get it to sync to my apple 6 plus phone. Took it to a music store and first was told I have to install new firmware and just to get a second opinion went to a different store where I was told that the deck is pretty much obsolete and it won't ever sync w/ my phone cause it's outdated, and a new deck is needed.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If firmware is needed how do I do it. The deck act as if it doesn't want to go to main menu. The gentleman at the stereo store also told me Premier is no longer in business and I couldn't get help with this issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thought you just had a picture of some guy before I paid that was supposing "waiting on me to pay so we could chat, but now I'm waitng.somethimg about that was goofy and I'm not feeling so trusting with my purchase now.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 8 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Pioneer has not had Updates for this unit since 2010IPhone 4 was the last phone I have seen to workIphone 6 will not work, as the DATA has changed & Pioneer typically includes DATA Updates for apprx 4 years, because they have to purchase this info from the Phone ManufactureLiken it to a Computer.......many Computers will not work with newer updates, because of changesIF you want to try updating, here is Pioneer Update procedureshttp://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Instruction%20for%20AVIC%20F-Series%20In-Dash%202.008%20Firmware%20Update.pdf(IMO), If the Unit is working good & the IPhone 6 is the only issue, I would not Update anything, as many times, Updating can cause issues that you didn't have & then you would need to send to Pioneer for Repair or change units.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
did you need more info?please respond