Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics & Cars for 25+ years
5229702

My garmin will not come on in my car

Customer Question

My garmin will not come on in my car
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with?2) The AGE of the device?3) WHEN this issue first began?4) What is being used as a power source in the car?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Garmin2597LMT
1 year
recently when trying to access a location
cigarette lighter
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. OK - are you using the ORIGINAL vehicle power adapter for the car power?Is so, is there a power indicator (light) on that adapter AND is it glowing BRIGHTLY when inserted into the cigarette lighter socket? Also, does the device power up when connecting to another power source - such as when connecting to a computer USB port? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my free trial I don't want to pay for an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel my 7-day trial
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, We experts can not access any of your private information - including account settings. But you should be able to do that from your side of the system, via the My Account link. Please let me know if you change your mind about needing help with your device. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond to my recent email to cancel my 7-day trial. I want to make sure you got the message and that it has been canceled. thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
As mentioned earlier,We experts can not access any of your private information - including account settings. But you should be able to do that from your side of the system, via the My Account link. Any account inquiries should be directed to Customer support here - which should be inside your My Account page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen lights up but can't access anything. It says GARMIM and shows that the device is plugged in
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Have you changed your mind about needing help with your device? If so, what power source are you connected to - when " It says GARMIM and shows that the device is plugged in"? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)