Expert-Repair
Expert-Repair, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I installed a Pioneer AVH-8500bhs unit from Crutchfield

Customer Question

I installed a Pioneer AVH-8500bhs unit from Crutchfield 12-18 months and installed it
per their instructions in my 2013 Toyota Tundra. I am experiencing slight distortion in the
sound. It is slightly noticeable when playing music and more so when listening to talk radio. I am seeking advice as to the most likely cause and remedy.
Thanks,
Jim
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Expert-Repair replied 8 months ago.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

First thing to do is eliminate radio interference by inserting a cd for playback of audio or other source that is higher quality audio, in many cases some radios have better tuners than others and the first thing to do is eliminate that as the problem. Make sure the radio has a solid ground and that what you are hearing is not instead a ground loop issue.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.