Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Audiovox aps57ca remote start

Customer Question

Audiovox aps57ca remote start
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In allot of cases this can be due to a fault with the control unit for the remote start at fault or wiring for the remote start incorrectly wired to the vehicle.I would see if you can put the vehicle wiring back to normal temporarily disconnecting the remote start and see if this corrects the fault with the normal starting and operation.If it does then this is an issue with the remote start control unit needing replaced or the way the remote start is wired in.If the fault is still present what can cause this issue here is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced as its contacts can fail internally causing this issue here.I would have it tested to be sure this is the cause before having it replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete