Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a CDA-118M Alpine Marine CD Receiver. I am having

Customer Question

Hi there, my name is***** have a CDA-118M Alpine Marine CD Receiver. I am having trouble. As soon as I turn volume up it cuts out on me?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi Darren and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you checked?

• • speaker and their wiring using an ohmmeter and ensure speaker reading is not less than 4Ω (least likely) [even if new but just to eliminate them as suspects];
  • • presence and consistency of 12V at the red and yellow wires as measured with a voltmeter (most likely);
  • • integrity of the ground connection of the black wire (likely);
  • • additionally, verify good status of the 12V power source, connectors/connections, terminals and the likes.

All others would be internal to the CDA-118M.