ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a NX602 system built in my car and after an attempt

Customer Question

Hi Don, I have a NX602 system built in my car and after an attempt to update it, it stopped working. Can you help me? -Joanne
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here's some more details: I've followed the instructions to update the system and at one point it said that step should take only 2 minutes. Waited like 15 min. and nothing happened. Even though it said never to take out the card or interrupt the procedure. I had to and shut everything down (because nothin was happening). Then I tried to start system up with the original micro SD card several times. Did a hard reset and even disconnected the car battery before trying again to start the system up. All I get now is the Clarion logo. It doesn't even show a menu. The CD does eject and insert. The backup camera is also working. Other than that ... nothing. Please help, Don!
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 7 months ago.

Hi Joanne,

If the update was interrupted then unfortunately it won't be possible for you to recover it yourself, since the software on it has been corrupted. It will need to be removed from the vehicle and returned to a Clarion service center for repair.

You can arrange the return through your local dealer, or through

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I contacted Clarion and they told me that I could try a dealer (gave their number) and if they're not able to repair it for some reason I could send it to a service center in NYC (also gave their number). This one is not mentioned on the list that you gave the link for, btw.

Ok Joanne, if you need anything else, just let me know.

Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time... :)