Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Kenwood DNN990HD Excelon has 5 blue tooth devices and I need

Customer Question

Kenwood DNN990HD Excelon has 5 blue tooth devices and I need to install newer ones and I cannot delete the existing ones
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please press and hold the reset button on the Kenwood for 7 seconds and release.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Once you've done that then attempt to pair a new BT device to the Kenwood and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

The reset button is shown on page 4 of the manual below:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20140406121600/Manuals/113/113DNN990H.PDF

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This did not work.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Please click on the link below, and scroll to the bottom of the page. See where it states:

• Touching [Remove] of [Device Remove Confirm] removes registration information. After you touch the key, a confirmation message appears. Follow the message and complete the operation.

Attempt to "Remove" the Bluetooth devices you are no long using. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will not get to remove device screen
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

HiCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would be a delay to TIMEOUT issue with any/all of the currently 5 paired devices. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • temporarily turn OFF any/all Bluetooth devices within the Kenwood's immediate range;
  • • wait patiently....would take long minutes for the paired devices / Remove of the Device Remove Confirm to be enabled/show and thereafter can be selected.