stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a Garmin Nuvi 3790t and I would like to transfer my

Customer Question

I have a Garmin Nuvi 3790t and I would like to transfer my saved addresses to my 2015 Mazda CX-5 which is using the Mazda toolbox software.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Garmin Nuvi 3790t and I would like to transfer my saved addresses to my 2015 Mazda CX-5 which is using the Mazda toolbox software.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No I was want to transfer my saved addresses.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question, if I can.

What device do you wish to transfer the addresses or contacts from the Nuvi device, onto?

Or: onto what device are the addresses to go?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 which has the inbuilt infotainment system which includes navigation. The maps are stored on an SD card.
Please note it's using Mazda connect software which is working as the map updates work as they should but there doesn't seem to be a way to import the addresses from the Garmin to the Mazda as I explained in my first message.

Are the addresses you are asking about, on the Garmin, known as 'waypoints', or are they some other sort of addresses?

Can you see any brand name or model name on the infotainment system? (I admit I'm not good at figuring out which devices are in use from car models. Is yours the 'factory installed' system?)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The system in my Mazda is produced NNG and I use the Mazda Connect software from the naviextras.com website.
From what I can see on the SD card the file that would keep the addresses would be Australia_ext.poi.sgn.

I've looked for info on this sort of conversion... I have found no useful information. I'm sorry - I don't have the sort of info. needed.

I have Opted Out in favor of an Expert who knows more about 2015 Mazda Connect or Garmin file conversions of this sort.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Is this the model you are using?

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/navigation-destinations?language=en-RW