Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My stereo will not turn off it will not change source of

Customer Question

My stereo will not turn off it will not change source of stations even after resetting it
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi William and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially,bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the stereo.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My stereo is a Alpine CD-R-HD137BT I can't get it to turn off change stations change source or anything I pushed the reset under the faceplate and nothing just stuck on fm-1 channel 87.7 static
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Is this a fresh/new install? ...or has it been in use for some time and this issue just recent?

The only easy user doable try would be to spray compressed air through the narrow gaps of the buttons and the face plate/front panel. Please click HERE.

Thereafter check/exercise all the buttons and determine if any would feel differently such as a sluggish return to position of the buttons or a mushy feeling when pressing on.

A likely possibility is that 1 of these buttons or more particularly the TACT switches underneath these buttons is stuck on.

All others would be internal and would require access to and familiarity with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron.