stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a JVC KW-V220BT multimedia receiver that was just

Customer Question

I have a JVC KW-V220BT multimedia receiver that was just installed in my car and it keeps giging me "Cannot read this device" for USB memory sticks. I cannot find anything on this anywhere!
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi Karen and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, any particular USB flashdrive? ...formatted how?

Have you tried with a smaller size/capacity versions? ...how about with just 1 file saved inside for test purposes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1st USB drive: 32 gb FAT32 Over 20 files2nd USB drive: 100+ GB FAT32 OVer 20 files3rd USB drive: 4 GB FAT32 1 file
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The manual says FAT16/32 is what is needed. It also states it can handle 5000 files and 250 folders. All the USB drives were well below that
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information of what has been tried.

Still, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try....

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.