Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My names is I recently installed a rearview camera on my car

Customer Question

Hello, My names is Frank
I recently installed a rearview camera on my car using a pioneer avht-270btl. However, it worked fine for a day or two and then it stopped.
All wires were connected as indicated in the instructions, except for a purple/white (reverse hook up wire /what color wire must be connected in the harness?) wire and the light green (parking break switch)
What else needs to be done to correct this situation
Can resetting the unit solve the problem? If so, how can it be done?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

The backup wire it needs access to is the reverse light because it is what provides power to the camera.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As I said, and is apparent that what I wrote was not carefully read, I must add that ALL the connections were made prior to me getting into this page, including what you suggested "connecting" the camera wires to the backup light and the corresponding "grounding" to provide the corresponding power to the camera and it was done as soon as the camera was installed and the wires in place. As you can read, at first it worked fine, but then it stopped.
Then I have checked and rechecked ALL wiring, including the one going to the "radio unit" and all were OK.
The question now, since your answer and/or suggestion does not apply and did not help in any way in this case, how can I reset the AVH-270BT to its the factory setup?????

I will open your question to other Experts to help.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Frank

On the front left is a small hole, with the ignition off, press the button and hold for 2 seconds then release which will perform the factory reset.

Let me know please how you go.