Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a pioneer avh-x2600bt and just recently the mic is

Customer Question

i have a pioneer avh-x2600bt and just recently the mic is having issues cutting out when i take calls, plus the audio stream seams to skip very often...any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if the skipping or cutting out, is symptomatic of a defective transmission stream.

Or, since a car stereo is in a very 'noisy' environment, perhaps the ground connection is defective.

That could introduce noise into the electronics, causing the glitching that you have observed.

So checking and cleaning the ground connection might help... but if you disconnect the ground for cleaning, it's fair to warn you that you might find the stereo needs a code entered, which can get difficult.