Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Battery ran down in my 2005 toyota avalon. After recharging

Customer Question

battery ran down in my 2005 toyota avalon. After recharging the battery, the speakers dont function properly. The sound in very low and distorted.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry this question pertains to a 1997 Toyota Avalon not a 2005.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if the amplifier in the stereo that drives the speaker has been damaged by the battery running down. That is esp. likely if it was On (at any time) or connected to the power, while the battery ran down, since undervoltaging is almost as harmful and overvoltaging.

(Does the stereo have a headphone jack or earphone jack? double-check my impression by listening to it for a little by that means.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there a way to reset the amplifier or how do i fix this issue.

For an amplifier with a blown-out component or several (which is what your problem distinctly and definitely sounds like, to me), you cannot reset the issue and make it go away that way.

The stereo will need repair - or, if there is an accessory amplifier driven by it, between it and the speakers, the amplifier will need repair.