Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a 2007 mazada 6 sedan and trying to install a sub and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mazada 6 sedan and trying to install a sub and amp for a friend. I have the the power cables rca cable and the loc conveter put I am not sure where I tap in the loc coventer. do I do it behind the deck or the speakers. also not sure if it's the bose system or not if that makes a difference thanks.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the loc has a remote wire on it too
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

The loc converters will turn the regular speaker outputs into line level outputs basically, so that you can feed the amp from the speaker lines that come.from.the original head unit or Amp. In this case, if you are taking the speaker wires that are going to the speakers and attaching loc converters to them and plugging them into the amp line level inputs, then it shouldn't really matter what else is in the system.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok but do I tap the loc Behind the head unit or can I do it at the speakers plus do I connect to the front or rear speakers.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My loc has connection for front and rear and I am only installing a mono amp

You can connect it at either end... but if you have an existing amp, then it would be after the amp - so at the speakers is a safe bet. Front or rear really shouldn't matter since the head is stereo - they should be exactly the same. The only reason they sound different is that the speaker size is often smaller in the front.