Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Pursuit model PRO9776E remote starter. It stopped

Customer Question

Hello I have a Pursuit model PRO9776E remote starter. It stopped working suddenly. Both units. Any idea what happened? Thanks
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today.

Does it make any effort to start and then fail, or does it not try to start at all? If it tries to start and fails, then it can be the bypass unit that has failed or needs programming. This is the unit that simulates having your keybin the ignition. If this is not the problem, then it is more likely something that has gone wrong with the wiring. This could be caused by a broken connection or something as simple as a broken or disconnected hood pin.