Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I brought a kenwood touch screen radio and put it in my car

Customer Question

I brought a kenwood touch screen radio and put it in my car my subwoofer option on the radio has a locked symbol and won't light up for me to push it to unlock it is there something I can do?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi Freddie and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...kenwood touch screen radio..."

Still and on most models, there would be a recessed RESET button that needs to be pressed on momentarily. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed.