Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My remote stopped working making noise but not unlocking or

Customer Question

my remote stopped working making noise but not unlocking or anything then all the sudden my car started by itself so we shut off then today the alarm is going off and couldnt get it to stop until disconnecting the battery ....its the python viper 4206 i believe
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

You should have a switch under the drivers side dash board that will put the viper into valet mode.

Putting the key in the ignition and turning the car on will reset the security system. If it will not turn on because of the car security, turn the ignition key half way until the security light goes from blinking to steady. Then turn it off again and then turn to start. Let me know if this corrects the problem or if you need additional help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot see that switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
switch or button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also whats strange is my command /console attena that has the blue light mounted by my rearview mirror that is just blinking blue obviously because its armed but i push that button and cannot get it to go off or anything

Ok... that is helpful. That is the antenna. You should be able to shut the system off with that button. Turn your key to the "on" or "run" position then back off and then tap the button that is blinking one time. That should put the system into valet mode.