Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I purchased a kenwood dnx892 receiver with navigation 2014

Customer Question

I purchased a kenwood dnx892 receiver with navigation for my 2014 mustang and was told that since I'm running a tune in my mustang I can't run gauges in the receiver. Is this true?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The only case in which having gauge displays and also having a tuner hooked up, would be mutually exclusive, would be if the gauge displaying hookup used the same input or 'jack' on the Kenwood Excelon device, that the tuner would use.

If you have any trouble deciding how that affects the subject-matter of your question, please let me know what kind of tuner (Sirius/XM adapter perhaps?) you would contemplate using. (I'd also be interested in what sort of gauge-interface kit you'd be using, but that info is less essential I think.)