Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

First car alarm stopped, later key fobs quit along with

Customer Question

First car alarm stopped, later key fobs quit along with interior lights
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds as if your car's battery might be running down. If so, check all possible sources of a short, running equipment heating up or obviously switched On, etc.

Then, it might be that your car's battery has not just run down, but has died. Check the battery itself for any overt unusual signs. And if the terminals are very corroded, try removing them... first, the Ground or Black wire!... and do a good cleaning of that terminal, then disconnect the Red or Positive wire, and clean it and its terminal post, etc. And see if that way, the battery still delivers a little power, charge it up, see if it all works again.

Let me know. Thanks.