Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

We have bought a car with a KDC-435U model stereo, we 't

Customer Question

We have bought a car with a KDC-435U model stereo , we don't have the code how do we unlock this!
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This is a theft deterent system. For that reason, by design, you must get the code from the manufacturer of the head unit, or the car dealer if it was OEM with the vehicle. All you will have to do is show the bill of sale as proof of ownership to get the unlock code, and dealers will usually do it for free. Let me know ow if you still have questions