Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited with the factory

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited with the factory installed REC radio and Alpine premium sound. I am trying to replace the factory head and am having trouble matching the new outputs to the factory harness. I purchased an adapter specific to the Aspen which fits the factory harness, but the wires are not matching up properly. I have tried to find a wiring diagram on-line without success. Can you help
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It's possible that I might be able to help you - if you would let me know, what new head unit are you trying to put in... and also what factory head unit you are replacing.

How do you know the wires aren't matching up... and what adapter have you put in?

For now, I suggest that you use an adapter that definitely matches up with the new head unit and the year and model of your Chrysler car.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Russell, thanks for responding. Turns out I did not connect the remote amp turn on wire (DUH!) I'm all set for now. Thanks

I'm glad to hear that you found what was wrong by persistence and good observation.

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.

Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.