Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Cd changer not working 06 Infiniti g35

Customer Question

Cd changer not working 06 Infiniti g35
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the cd changer powering up and trying to operate at all?

Has anything been checked/tested or replaced trying to locate or repair this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I switch from Radio to Pushing the CD button "CD" comes up on the screen for 1 sec then it goes blank
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,just to be sure as I show some options on this model here.Your vehicle has the separate cd changer separate from the radio am I correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I believe they are together behind the display area. Can you see the image I posted?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I push load it says select cd, when I select a cd by pushing the number of the one I want, it says wait...and then goes blank...if I push load again it beeps 3 times
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,I just wanted to make sure as some of these had a separate cd changer external of the radio itself.

The fault you have here is due to an internal mechanical fault with the cd tray loading mechanism which is common.When the radio sees this issue when you are attempting to load or eject a cd the display goes blank.This is a common issue.

To correct this here unfortunately the radio either needs removed and sent in for repair through a dealer to their repair center or removed and replaced.The cost can vary as it all depends on dealer pricing.

You can try and find a used radio/head unit to replace it with.I use a place called http://www.car-part.com to locate used hard to find parts like this here.It can be cheaper and they usually ship to your door.Your local dealer would have to program it to work in your vehicle though and can charge around an hours labor for this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I have to replace the entire face area as it is silver, as you can see in the picture....some of the ones I see on the website are black and some are gray...
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

No,the bezel comes free from the radio itself so it can stay with the vehicle as shown here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zig6asgb29bjgr/aud-02-11.gif?dl=0

Thanks Pete