Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I installed a Viper Remote Start 5710V with a Directed 5x10

Customer Question

I installed a Viper Remote Start 5710V with a Directed 5x10 on a 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV. I can't get the remotes paired. The window mounted command center Led does not flash or light up at all. Is something wired wrong on the Directed side or is the command center faulty?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Car Electronics category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

It could be either of the possibilities you mentioned, but I would say that it is much more likely that something is wired incorrectly. If a product like snaplocks were used to connect the wires, make sure they are all still securely closed. They can sometimes fail to close completely and effectively disconnect wires. Otherwise double check all the wiring. For you to have no light at all, I would concentrate on the connection to the control box and also the 12v connections.