Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

When my Iphone is blue tooth connected to my Pioneer

Customer Question

Hi When my Iphone is blue tooth connected to my Pioneer DEH-X6600BT I can make calls and hear the recipient but they cannot me. Seems to be on "mute"?
How do I unmute that?
Thx
Dr K
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Car Electronics category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

First, make.sure the iPhone is on speaker mode to transmit and receive.over Bluetooth, and also make sure it is paired as a phone device - not just an audio device.

Then check to make sure the microphone mute cable in the harness is not shorted and that the mute to the staring wheel controls (assuming you have them) is not mited as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Somewhat helpful.1) How do I make sure the Iphone is on "speaker mode"?2) And how do I see how it is "paired"? phone vs. audioIt was all working for the past year until a couple of days ago.There is not steering wheel or other mute source. I will have to check the microphone cable...

Press and hold the phone button to get to the device connection menu, then turn the dial to select the function. If you do the pairing from there, it will pair as a phone device.