stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Cant turn off remote on our 2001 mitsubishi montero sport.

Customer Question

cant turn off remote on our 2001 mitsubishi montero sport.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: alarm goes off when key inserted in door. can't get the ignition to work. the remote has not worked for 2 years.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  superbovine replied 1 year ago.

Is this a factory alarm or an aftermarket alarm system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we bought it pre-owned. it was probably installed at the dealership, maybe not at the factory. it is a Clifford G-4 system

Thanks.

That would definitely be an add-on system.
I will forward this to the aftermarket electronics section as you will be able to get more relevant information there. Please do not reply to this post as it will lock it back to me again and the others will not be able to see it.
Thanks, ***** ***** be with you soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is this taking so long????? We are ready to have our car towed. PLEASE respond. In addition, I will be leaving my office so you need to add my husband's email and cell: ***@******.***/(###) ###-#### Please respond to this email. I have been waiting to hear from the aftermarket electronics section.