stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Can I play my Bluetooth surround sound with sub through my

Customer Question

Can I play my Bluetooth surround sound with sub through my jensen awm 970 in my travel trailer?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Bluetooth surround sound...".

Which will be the source please; the Jensen or the Bluetooth surround sound ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, Panasonic SU-HTB350, I want to source the Panasonic via bluetooth with wireless subwoofer, utilizing the Jensen for the speakers on roof, I've already wired the surround sound speakers to the third speaker output on the Jensen. They work good
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

On the "...source the Panasonic via bluetooth..." + "... utilizing the Jensen for the speakers on roof..." would require add-on devices to serve as wireless interface since the Bluetooth feature of the Panasonic can only receive (it must be capable of transmitting to serve as source) while the Jensen has no Bluetooth capability (and therefore must have a compatible receiver).

Would this serve your purpose then?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What sort of add on? Yes thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

The ideal workaround would be to piggyride a transmitter to the Panasonic's SPEAKER terminals and connect a receiver to the Jensen's LEFT & RIGHT AUDIO INPUT 2.

Since the Jensen can also accept audio and video to its front panel AUX A/V IN, it may also be considered (less the video).

Please click HERE. It would also require a speaker to line level adapter such as the products shown HERE.

Thus proposed connections would be:

Panasonic speaker terminals -> speaker level to line out converter -> RCA cable -> audio sender -------------receiver -> RCA cavle to 3.5mm -> Jensen AUDIO IN

Would the above be doable?