Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My remote starter works, but does not run the starter enough

Customer Question

My remote starter works, but does not run the starter long enough to start the car. It only turns over the starter for 1 second.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check, first, whether you can start the car with the regular key, and whether any kind of battery condition is signaled on the dashboard, even if you can.

My though is, that if the battery were somewhat discharged or defective, the loading down of its voltage by an attempt to start would cause the remote starter to shut off, thus the only-brief-attempt-to-start symptom.

If that guess isn't what is wrong, then please tell me the maker and model of your remote start system.