Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Have a basic remote starter try to start first time in the

Customer Question

have a basic remote starter try to start first time in the morning will not start will start with key after that remote will start car 2008 silverado
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Does it do anything? If it tries to start, but won't then it most likely has something to do with a vacuum leak in the fuel line, so that it's not holding the pressure in the fuel line. This is common if it is trying to start. If it IS NOT trying to start, then it is a problem with the bypass. The bypass simulates having the key in the cylinder, which overrides the security system to allow the car to start. This could be a matter of wiring, or it could just be a matter of correctly programming the bypass.