Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

2005 Toyota Prius I have a Viper 4205V & A PKALL. The PKALL

Customer Question

Hi
For a 2005 Toyota Prius I have a Viper 4205V & A PKALL. The PKALL has a 4 pin Light Green relay 1a wire that is to connect to the ignition 2 (+) wire of the remote start. Also there is a wire ignition 1 (+) that is to connect to pin 5 (pink wire)of the five pin key port plug. The 4205V only has an ignition out (Alarm) (+) . Do I connect both wires (pin 5 at keyport with a 1 amp diode) & (Light Green relay 1a from PKALL) to the ignition out (+) on the Viper 4205V remote start.
Thanks
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Michael
If you have access to any other information on the wiring of the viper 4205v 2way one button system with a Directed PKALL for a 2005 Toyota prius other than what I can find online from Directed and Viper It would be greatly appreciated and would be a backup way for me to check my wires. I don't want to cause any computer damage.
Thanks
Mike(I did have a local install shop try to put a system in they said they couldn't get it to work and cut it out.
I have installed viper systems in Chevys, toyotas and nissans before ,but not a prius.)

Yes, both wires should be connected. Ignition 1 and ignition 2 operate the. But when you say relay wire - only low voltage to low voltage - you should never have a thick 12v wire connected to a thin wire. I don't think that's what you are doing, but since you mentioned the relay, I want to make sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ignition 1 and ignition 2 operate the ? So ignition out (alarm) (+) H1 9pin connector from the viper remote start (not a the Heavy 12 gage wires) can be connected to both ignition 1 (+) to the key port & ignition 2 (+) to the light green of the PKALL ?

That is correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that common for them to put the ignition (-) on one connector and the ignition (+) on another ?

I'm sorry... I may have missed something - where is the ignition (-) connected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blue wire at the key port pin 3 of the five pin connector
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to drive home from work. I will contact when I get home

ok