Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I blew my main fuse 100 over 40. I replaced it then turn

Customer Question

I blew my main fuse 100 over 40. I replaced it then turn radio on an put codes in. Radio come on but no sound. Honda Accord 2008
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I do not know what exactly caused the main fuse (to the radio? or to the whole electrical system of the car?) to blow, but it presumably was major enough. Whatever it was, my feeling at this point is, that the radio's audio circuitry may have blown out also, or been damaged, by whatever event blew the main fuse.

However, depending upon what maker and model # ***** radio is, it may possibly have a audio circuitry fuse, or a speakers fuse. Let me know, please, and I advise you as appropriate.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has the navigation, 6 disc stock number is *****

I am not sure that I recognize the type of stereo or radio etc. from your description. Does it have a brand name on it such as Kenwood or Pioneer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it a factory radio

Then I honestly have no further information or advice to provide. I have Opted Out of this case, opening it to other Experts in this category, one of whom may be able to advise you further on the specifics of this factory radio.

Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and on "...Radio come on but no sound...", proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done and dependent on the version):

• • check for an amplifier normally mounted on the passenger side;
  • • if present, ensure that it is getting; always available +12V and switched +12.