Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Just got an 03 ford expedition. It has the dvd player but I

Customer Question

Just got an 03 ford expedition. It has the dvd player but I can't figure out how to get it to work or see if it does.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

Actually, you shouldn't have to do any more than to put the disc in. Once you do, it should be recognized automatically and become the default play source. Have you tried using a CD? I would try that as well to verify the mechanism is working. Note that the DVD player will only work when the vehicle is in park.

Note though, that these vehicles often have an aftermarket player which will be different. If you have an aftermarket player and/or head unit, please let me know along with the model numbers - that will make a difference.

One thing to try that can work on most aftermarket players is disconnecting its power supply then while pressing the eject button re-connect the power. This will at least do a reset of an aftermarket player.