Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Kdc w6541 u

Customer Question

Kdc w6541 u
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Here is the link to the manual for this model head unit. If you have additional questions, please let me know.

http://bitli.es/dxc5Ur

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm after the security code , I already have the manual that doesn't contain the security code. ???

The security code, by design, is only available from the manufacturer. Since the security code is specifically to thwart unauthorized use, you cannot get the security code any other way, nor can you override the security code. If there were some way to do it, I would tell you. But based on years and years of doing this, I can tell you for certain, that the manufacturer is the only way to get it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why did this site suggest paying twelve pounds for the code I will be reporting this to authorities.

That's what I would suggest. Go to the authorities and tell them that we can't help you activate a stolen radio.

Or, assuming it's not stolen (and that's what I'm assuming), you can contact the manufacturer and get them to unlock it for free by providing proof of ownership. If you can explain to me why this information is problematic, I will try to help. But I have answered your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased the vehicle 11 months ago with the stereo in and was not informed of any code in fact the only codes I've ever came across have been original manufacturers units until now. I can get the code problem sorted out for £10 but the other side of town .My partner paid £12 to you for this useless information trying to help. Which has just added to my frustration. Good luck helping out future suckers duped into use this service.

All current head units have the anti-theft codes. If it came with the vehicle, it will be in the dealer's database. If not, then it will be in Kenwood's database.

Your anger is misdirected. The question was asked and I, in good faith and on my personal time, answered the question honestly. You have not paid me a penny for the person time I have spent helping. I only receive a portion of your deposit if/when you rate my service favorably. If you decide not to do that, you are entitled to a full refund by contacting JustAnswer. When you have calmed down, I think you'll realize that I was sincerely ***** ***** help and that your insults are misplaced. Let me know if you need anything else.