Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Pioneer AVH-X7700BT stereo in my 2001 Chevy Tahoe

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer AVH-X7700BT stereo in my 2001 Chevy Tahoe that I installed last spring. For many months, it worked very well. Great Bluetooth/phone functionality. For some reason though, I can no longer connect via Bluetooth. The options for that and several sound functions are "greyed out." Any thoughts on what the problem might be?
Thank you
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jeff and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, let's start with the basics; have you tried a RESET?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No--how do I do that?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: please click HERE and press of the small recessed button marked as "10".

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Should symptom persist, then consider a firmware upgrade (if have not been done).