stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

McCann Battery won't take a charge in my truck. It will

Customer Question

Customer: B McCann Battery won't take a charge in my truck. It will charge in the house with the 120 charger.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have two truck it won't charge on ether one. My Magellan GPS RoadMate RV9565 is two years old.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Car Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

On your vehicle charger that came with your Magellan, is there a light indicating that the charger is getting power from the truck?

Attach the vehicle charger to the device and and turn the device on. Once on the main screen, wiggle at the point where the charger plugs into the device and see if you can get it to show charging.

It sounds like your vehicle charger is no longer working properly. On some models of chargers, you can screw off the tip and check the fuse. That's usually a sure indication of a failed charger.

Please perform the steps above and get back with me and we can proceed from there based on the information you tell me.