Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a 2000 eclipse gt and my problem is, I recently had a

Customer Question

I have a 2000 eclipse gt and my problem is,
I recently had a viper remote start alarm system installed. Well after disconnecting the battery(to recharge), my factory alarm seems to be going off but all it does is flash my brights off and on as well as making this weird clicking sound that won't stop even well I am driving. Oh my remote start won't seem to work either.. it turns everything on but never turns over?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your car start system may perhaps be in Valet mode. If so, press both these buttons on the remote together until the car lights flash 2 times:

PARK + TRUNK

and then after that, press START and the starting system should work again.

This happens when the battery or the start system is disconnected for maintenance.

If it's not that, check your battery again - is it fully charged/charging, really? because if not, this behavior you are asking about may be a symptom of the battery being undercharged.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My alarm still makes sounds, what tells me it's not in valet mode, my battery is fully charged and alternator is pushing correctly.. when I looked at my fuse box I noticed the clicking sound was coming from the "brights" relay aswell as the key transmitter relay.. so I replaced them and still same issue.

The clicking sound is typical of the problem. It's been reported before. It's not a mechanical defect.

The clicking, as well as flashing of lights, is a symptom. It's been reported before.

Try pressing both

PARK

and TRUNK

on your remote, at the same time.

Then press START.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing...

Try actually putting it into Valet mode. Open and then close the door. Then press PARK+TRUNK, see if that resets it and allows START.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still noting :(

Then I am sorry to not have made more progress, and I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts, one of whom may have a better idea how to address the problem.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I figured it out..Because it was the stock alarm,
overriding my aftermarket alarm..All I had to do in order to disable it was,
put my key into the passenger door!Didn't even need to turn..