stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a 01 Pontiac aztek I have an aftermarket stereo I'm

Customer Question

I have a 01 Pontiac aztek I have an aftermarket stereo I'm trying to put in but the factory plug was cut and the wires I have don't match any color scheme I've seen online
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 11 months ago.

Best advice if you admittedly have no idea what wires are which, the frayed thing is of debatable consequence. I make sure all the wires are cut and taped/capped nicely, individually, and from there the sure fire way is to run a wire to each speaker individually, or check the harness once you have the door panel off and see if anything matches where they are; could feasibly change the speakers at the same time while you're at it. That's the best advice I could give. Polarity doesn't matter in this case because A) AC is the current the head unit produces and B) as long as the wire you run is consistent with the existing harness as for hooking up each "terminal" the same, all broadcasting the same phase.