Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I'm school bus driver we have Clarionfz104pa radios on our

Customer Question

Good morning I'm school bus driver we have Clarionfz104pa radios on our school buses the radio come on lights up no sound none of the buttons works when push please help
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The radio, if unresponsive but obviously powered On, has a severe control circuitry problem or breakage.

If the operator of the radio has been wearing woolen clothing (excepting socks) then, owing to the tendency of woolen clothing to gather static charge, the radio may have received a severe static discharge when it was touched.

Sometimes that may be cured by a 'rest reset', leaving the device to itself, disconnected from everything, and unplugged from power, for overnight or a day or two. But, if that still doesn't cure it, then it's a choice between repairing it and replacing it.