ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I need help unlocking my kenwood kvt 514

Customer Question

i need help unlocking my kenwood kvt 514
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jose,

If you have a remote control for your KVT-514 then you can try the following method:

1) Turn on the car.
2) The faceplate rotates out and the CODE - - - - prompt appears.
3) Press Auto keys and >>| simultaneously on the faceplate and hold for 4 seconds.
4) The screen will still say CODE, but the - - - - will disappear! When this happens press the 5 key on the remote twice and it enters a K on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
5) Press the 2 key on the remote three times and it enters a C on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
6) Press the 2 key on the remote once and it enters an A on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
7) Press the 7 key on the remote twice and it enters an R on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
8) The radio goes into All Off mode and you are set! Hit the SRC button on the faceplate to select CD, Radio, etc.

Let me know if that works for you?

Pete.