ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Pasha - my python 7765P is not chirping It's arming - but

Customer Question

Customer: Pasha - my python 7765P is not chirping It's arming - but doesn't chirp And when I press panic - lights flash etc. but no sound I tested valet and silent arm and that didn't fix it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I mean that's pretty much it - when I went to arm it today I realized it didn't make a sound Which was odd I tried to see if it was on valet mode and turned valet on and off but that didn't work then tested silent arm, on and off and that didn't work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pasha,

This can happen if the alarm is in valet mode.

Try opening the car doors and then press the lock, unlock, and lock buttons in quick succession on the remote.

Let me know if that resolves the issue?

Pete.