stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

My name is jeffmy car is a 2000 toyota camry xle with jbl

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** is a 2000 toyota camry xle with jbl sound sytem (stock).i currently have (not installed):JVC KW-V21BT head unitJBL mono amp for a 12" sub, a JBL 4 channel amp for speakers (keeping stock jbl speakers for now).sub-woofer/12vdc wiring kit and long RCA cables to go from new head unit to the amps (in trunk).speaker wire to go from dash to the 4ch amp.Metra 70-1761 harness.i've read that there is a factory amp under the passenger seat that needs to be disabled/disconnected. I am not sure if this complicates things.i've installed other systems before, but it's been awhile and i would like to have everything in hand before i start this job since i will be doing the install in a friend's heated garage (he lives 45 minutes away). i don't want to get my car torn apart to find out i can't complete the install.if you know of anything i missed, or any adapters/harnesses that will help me do less manual wiring from existing stereo harness to new stereo harness, please let me know.thanks!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Car Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 year ago.

So you want this all laid out for you? I can give you specific wires and procedures, or a more generalized synopsis of the event.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer took too long and makes no sense (like you didn't read my concerns). Cancel this request and refund my deposit of $16.