Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics & Cars for 25+ years
5229702

EcoRoute HD not connecting after 3 years of no problems

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** ecoRoute HD not connecting after 3 years of no problems Garmin 1490 LMT
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: while driving, ecoRoute HD failed connection to Garmin 1490 LMT tried reconnecting, used to have to shut off truck and restart. Always fixed it. Not this time and last month of attempting all different solutions, including installing a second ecoroute HD dongle know to be working fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Car Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device(s).

May I ask:

1) WHEN did this issue for begin?

2) Have you tried the dongle AND the Nuvi in a DIFFERENT vehicle?

3) Are ALL other functions of the Nuvi operating properly?

4) Has the Nuvi been CHANGED - in ANY WAY about the times this issue began (or just before)?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No they have not. What I have found out through POI Factory is that this condition will happen from time to time and one should attempt a Hard Reset, which I have done, and which has fixed my problem
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

So is it NOW working?

And was it a hard reset of the Nuvi that did the trick?

If you have NOT found this other thread (on POI Factory), it may explain WHY this happens.

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/31038

Summary to their summary: I suspect that the MEMORY in your device was getting "full", and the hard reset cleared out enough space to get the unit to connect again successfully.

Another recommendation: If you do NOT have a large capacity microSD card installed in your Nuvi yet, installing one may help "reduce" the number of times this happens in the future.

I believe the Nuvi line is up to about 32GB capacity support, in an SDHC card and up to Class 10.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-