Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a audiovox prestige remote start/alarm system i would

Customer Question

I have a audiovox prestige remote start/alarm system i would like to install in my 97 dodge ram, just wondering if you could assist me, and first things is will or how to tell if i am going to need the "bypass module thing" or any other extra stuff like relays and so fort to install this thanks
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The best place to get the best help on how to install this as well as the correct wiring diagrams is from an auto accessory install facility that sells the Prestige alarm system.You will need the correct wiring diagrams on the model alarm system you are installing in order for it to be installed properly in your vehicle.There are several models of these so its difficult to say for sure what needs done on your model here without knowing the model and your vehicle wiring info.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete