Car Audio Rusty
Car Audio Rusty, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Powering, fusing, wiring, and general installation
63817454

I have an Avital 2200 installed in my '98 mustang. I pulled

Customer Question

I have an Avital 2200 installed in my '98 mustang. I pulled into my driveway the other nite, and my engine stalled as I was pulling into the garage, and when I tried to start the car again, the security system ARMED ITSELF and the starter went dead (starter kill feature) and the alarm went off. Tried to disarm it without the transmitter by pushing the valet mode switch with the ignition on, but it will not disarm, so I cut the horn wire to kill the noise til I could fix it. Haven't used the system for years, don't really need it any more.
My transmitter doesn't work anymore, even after I tried to resynchronize it with the system, according to the owner's guide pg. 13.
Can I just "unplug" the Avital by cutting the power supply where it connects to my car
battery and be done with it? Do you know what color wire hooks Avital to my car battery?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Car Audio Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. You can cut the red wire that connects to the battery. That will kill the whole system.