ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I want to install an aux port delco part # 15850275 I see an

Customer Question

Customer: I want to install an aux port for a delco part # ***** I see an unused connector on the back of the radio and wanted to know if it was a simple as using that or if it requires taking the radio apart.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What would you like to know? I just want to add an auxiliary port to the stock radio.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Car Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, no problem.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ireni,

You will need to install an aux input.

To do this, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUX2Iq4OfQk

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already saw this video prior to accessing your site. The radio I have is for a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 which is not the same as what is shown in the video. I was hoping for a direct answer about the empty connector in the back and whether that can be used in any way. I certainly don't want to pay $16 for an answer I already obtained from you-tube.

It is the same with all models - the empty connector needs to have an aux input installed if you want to use it.

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you elaborate on where to find the connector that will fit this specific radio? (see attached)
Are you saying there is a specific connector out there that will fit in the above open slot with 3.5mm aux on the other end?

No, there is no specific connector that will fit that slot - you will need to make up a custom cable and splice it into the existing wiring.

You can get a standard wiring harness to fit the slot from Crutchfield or a similar site, and then modify it:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aFfxHPqaCk1/carsystems/Chevrolet-Silverado-Stereos-and-Speakers.html